Lexington Cooperative Market
Last Updated March 12, 2017
Why We Love It: The Co-op is the quintessential daily market located in the heart of the Elmwood Avenue neighborhood and soon to be Hertel Avenue. A cooperative market where anyone can shop, browse, enjoy and sample specials.
Why Shop the co-op?
- It's mission based, serving owners and the community by providing natural foods in a friendly environment.
- Local and Organic! Organic produce is available every day, with an effort to source as much as possible from local farmers – look for the yellow ‘local’ signs or green “organic ones when picking up your fruits and vegetables.
- 52 cents of every dollar you spend here returns to the local Buffalo Niagara economy. Now that’s local!
- Fresh prepared foods daily. Every morning co-op chefs and bakers set to work prepping everything from sandwiches, to full meals in the Grab N Go case, to salad, soup and hot bars.
- Bulk products help you live more simply. Nuts, dried fruits, snacks, granolas, flours, beans, spices and teas – your dried goods are fresher and more affordable!
- Organic and rBGH free milks, cheeses and yogurts.
- Community owned by neighbors and friends. By shopping the Co-op, you’re supporting a business that is proudly owned by over 10,000 people in the community.