- 1 can or draft Big Ditch Cinnamon Apple Ale (6.8% ABV)
- 1 ounce Black Button Distilling's Apple Moonshine (20% ABV)
- 1 bottle Flying Bison's Rusty Chain Vienna-style lager (5% ABV)
- 1 ounce Enchanted Mountain Spirits Distillery's new O'Connor's Mama Juana Rum (40% ABV)
- Option: Swap the beer for a deep, rich red wine or snifter of tawny port.
- 1 bottle Five and 20's Rye Pale Ale (6.2% ABV)
- 1 ounce Five and 20's Rye Whiskey (45% ABV)
1. Decant the desired ale or lager into a glass.
2. Pour an ounce of appropriate spirit into a whiskey tasting glass or other oversized shot glass.
3. Nose each of the two beverages and sip from one and then the other, alternating.
4. Pour the remaining shot of spirits into the glass of beer — or pour in a fresh ounce — and enjoy.